Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Vegas done Iatric Style

My boss Ken and I rented a couple of Electra Glides fully equiped with Harmon Kardon CD stereo systems the much anticipated 96 cubic inch engines with the 6 speed tranny. These bikes would be much improved on the low end with an upgraded exhaust. The get up and go was frankly pitiful. However where these bikes really shined was on the highway. That sixth gear was impressive as I was able to cruise at 75 mph at about 2300 rpms. By comparison, my 88" 5 speed cranks out about 3200 at the same speed. This first picture is Ken and I at Red RocksThis picture was taken at a stop off point on the Mount Charleston ride. The highest point on the ride was about 8350 and the top was over 11,000 feet. It dropped about 15-20 degrees where we rode to and there was snow at the top. We ate some lunch up at the Mount Charleston lodge and headed across town to the Hoover dam.



Dinner at the Strosphere was excellent. I had a gigantic prime rib followed by a ride on "the big shot" - this highest thrill ride in the world at 1,081 feet. The next picture is Bob and I at dinner and then the view of the strip from the observation deck.

No comments: