Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Bumblebee

Erin has always wanted a CJ7 Jeep and at the beginning of April, we came across a great deal on an 83 CJ7 Laredo that was in pretty decent shape and came with several extras like 2 sets of doors and soft and hard tops. At first we weren't too wild about the yellow but it has grown on us and we're not in a rush to paint it anymore.

It has needed a few things that I have been busy working on. I took the hard top off, it has new drums, shoes, slave cylinders, brake auto adjusters, welded a seat braket, replaced plastic valve cover and gasket with an aluminum cover, new side mirrors, new wiper blades, reconnected cut brake light wires, fixed 4 hot leads that were shorting out the system, you get the idea, it hasn't even been here a month yet!

It's been a lot of fun and a good learning experience. There will always be more to do on this thing. So far, the more I work on this thing the more I like this silly thing. Oh boy, I needed another hobby and project! Here are a few pix.





2 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I do help a little!! I put the side mirrors on and helped with the turn signal switch. But alas, Mark is the mechanic in the family :)